Terms and Conditions
- The terms and conditions set out below apply to your use of this English website (as defined below). Please read them.
- Unless otherwise specified or the context requires, references to the “Asahi Group” or the “Group” are to Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd. and its consolidated subsidiaries and, non-consolidated subsidiaries and affiliates accounted for by the equity method taken as a whole.
- Unless otherwise specified or the context requires, the term “fiscal” preceding a year means the 12-month period ending December 31 of the year referred to.
- Unless otherwise specified or the context requires, references to “yen” and “¥” are to Japanese yen.
- By clicking on and visiting http://www.asahigroup-holdings.com/ (and any replacement URL of any such website) (this “website” you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions, that you understand them, and that you accept and agree to be bound by them. If you are not willing to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should refrain from accessing or visiting www.asahigroup-holdings.com/.
- No information contained in these pages should be taken as a recommendation to buy, sell or hold the shares of Asahi Group.
US Residents Provisions:
This website is not intended to offer or to promote the offer or sale of Asahi Group securities in the United States or to US Residents. A “US Resident” includes any US person, as well as
(1) any natural person who is only temporarily residing outside the United States, (2) any account of a US person over which a non-US fiduciary has investment discretion or any entity, which, in either case, is being used to circumvent the registration requirements of the US Investment Company Act of 1940, and (3) any employee benefit or pension plan whose participants or beneficiaries are not substantially non-US persons.
1) AGE RESTRICTION
You must be at least 21 (twenty one) years of age to access or use this Website. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are at least 21 years of age and may legally agree to this Agreement. Asahi Beer USA assumes no responsibility or liability for any misrepresentation of your age.
2) LICENSE TO USE WEBSITE
Asahi Beer USA may provide you with certain information as a result of your use of the Website. Such information may include, but is not limited to, documentation, data, or information developed by Asahi Beer USA, and other materials which may assist in your use of the Website (“Company Materials”). Subject to this Agreement, grants you a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable and revocable license to sue the Company Materials solely in connection with your use of the Website. The Company Materials may not be used for any other purpose, and this license terminates upon your cessation of use of the Website or at the termination of this Agreement.
3) ACCEPTABLE USE
You agree not to use the Website for any unlawful purpose or any purpose prohibited under this clause. You agree not to use the Website in any way that could damage the Website or general business of Asahi Beer USA.
a) You further agree not to use the Website:
- To harass, abuse, or threaten others or otherwise violate any person’s legal rights;
- To violate any intellectual property rights of Asahi Beer USA or any third party;
- To upload or otherwise disseminate any computer viruses or other software that may damage the property of another;
- To perpetrate any fraud;
- To engage in or create any unlawful gambling, sweepstakes, or pyramid scheme;
- To publish or distribute any obscene or defamatory material;
- To publish or distribute any material that incites violence, hate, or discrimination towards any group;
- to unlawfully gather information about others.
4) DATA LOSS
Asahi Beer USA does not accept responsibility for the security of your account or content. You agree that your use of the Website is at your own risk.
You agree to defend and indemnify and any of its affiliates (if applicable) and hold harmless against any and all legal claims and demands, including reasonable attorney’s fees, which may arise from or relate to your use or misuse of the Website, your breach of this Agreement, or your conduct or actions. You agree that Asahi Beer USA shall be able to select its own legal counsel and may participate in its own defense, if Asahi Beer USA wishes.
6) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Other than content you own, which you may have opted to include on this Website under these Terms, Asahi Beer USA and/or its licensors own all rights to the intellectual property and material contained in this Website, and all such rights are reserved.
You are granted a limited license only, subject to the restrictions provided in these Terms, for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are expressly and emphatically restricted from all of the following:
- publishing any Website material in any media;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is, or may be, damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause, harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website, or while using this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing;
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from access by you and Asahi Beer USA may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality of such information.
8) YOUR CONTENT
In these Website Standard Terms And Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website. With respect to Your Content, by displaying it, you grant Asahi Beer USA a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.Your Content must be your own and must not be infringing on any third party’s rights. Asahi Beer USA reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time, and for any reason, without notice.
9) NO WARRANTIES
This Website is provided “as is”, with all faults, and Asahi Beer USA makes no express or implied representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Additionally, nothing contained on this Website shall be construed as providing consult or advice to you.
10) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event shall Asahi Beer USA, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website, whether such liability is under contract, tort or otherwise, and Asahi Beer USA, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
Asahi Beer USA shall be permitted to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification of consent required. However, you shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
12) ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms, including any legal notices and disclaimers contained on this Website, constitute the entire agreement between Asahi Beer USA and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings with respect to the same.
13) GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in California for the resolution of any disputes.